Old 02-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Bob Hobden

"Plantsman" wrote after I wrote:
Sue bought a white Datura (not a Brugmansia) this year and I've allowed
it
to set seed which it has in abundance.
Any tips on growing these from seed?

Hello Bob, my way with Datura stramonium has been to sow in early
spring in a multpurpose compost and covered with a thin layer of
vermiculite or fine grit. They were then placed in a close case at a
temp of 16-18C and kept moist. Eventually brought out to to open
staging, potted on as required and grown on for patio container display
from mid May.

Thanks to everyone that replied, sounds like they will be an ideal candidate
for filling in those summer gaps between the perennials.

--
Regards
Bob