Old 02-10-2004, 06:39 PM
N. Thornton

"gregpresley" wrote in message ...
You can also freeze them open on a plate or cookie sheet on a shelf in your
freezer. and then, when solidly frozen, put them in freezer bags, push out
as much air as you can, and voila, you have ripe tomatoes to add to
spaghetti sauce, homemade tomato soup, etc, during the tomato-lean winter
and spring months. I have not found it necessary to boil them before
freezing, although obviously boiling would allow you to skin them easily.
However, I just skim off the skins when I cook them in sauces or soups.

isnt it a risk to freeze things without boiling them first?

NT