Old 03-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Peter H

Merle O'Broham wrote:

Hi all,

I have an older home with several types of grass types growing
together. I don't know what the species of the grasses are, but there
are at least 4-5 different types growing to make one generally green
happy multicultural lawn (each grass in their own little neighborhood-
ha). Most of the lawn is in shade throughout the day, except for a few
patches getting a couple hours of direct sun around mid-day.

I'd like to start core-aerating and seeding annually with the same
type of seed. Any recommendations for seed-type/brand name or other
advice? I'd LOVE to pull it all up and start over, but I've got ~12k
sq. ft. or so. Definitely doing some groundcover in the dry, shady
parts.

Forgot- Chicago, zone 5.

You wouldn't actually need to pull it up of course. Just wack it with
Round-up.

Peter H