Old 03-10-2004, 12:45 AM
B.Server

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:15:32 +0100, Mark Levy
wrote:

oh yeah, i forgot to ask if anyone has had any practical experience with
them and can tell me if they're as good as everyone says. thanks.

-mark

I use them on my vegetable beds. Pressure regulators can cure the
overpressure. (the ones I use are simple, mechanical flow limiters).

I keep a dozen or so emitters in a bag in the greenhouse and pull
ones on the hoses that are clogged (general crap in the water as well
as "liming up") It pays to use a good filter for the crap and a jar
of vinegar takes care of the lime after you pull the emitter.

I don't use electrical valves except when I am traveling. Too many
past problems.

FWIW, my stuff is all Submatic brand.