Old 03-10-2004, 05:00 AM
Tex

Rogerx wrote in news:uqtuj096nrujp77csrgabq471higp8gcf9@
4ax.com:

Hi Group!

Next Spring, I plan to add 4 roses to my collection, three of them I
want to be yellow.

Rogerx:
I just bought four pale yellow Perle de Jardins that I understand are
Antique roses, and are supposed to do well here in zone 7b+1/2 just south
of Austin on the Edwards Plateau. I'm a newbie rose grower. They're
sitting in the containers I bought them in, as I haven't had time to put
them into the ground yet. I'm planning to plant in raised beds to keep
them out of the heavy clay soil. Just sitting in their containers,
they've been blooming and growing like weeds, getting lots of morning and
early-afternoon sun.
Tex in Manchaca