Old 03-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Iris Cohen

I prefer to answer e-mail from people with real addresses. I couldn't figure
yours out.
Anyone here have experience with the dogwood as a bonsai ( American Dogwood,
Cornus florida ) ?

I haven't tried it personally, but it's been done. I think I've seen one at
International Bonsai. It has to be a large one, since the growth habit & leaf
size don't reduce much, & the flowers, of course, not at all.

Anyone know of a bonsai nursery where I could purchase one already started?

I haven't seen them for sale. Your best bet would be to buy a nursery tree or
collect one on private property.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."