Old 03-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Claire Petersky

"Kristie Kinney" wrote in message
hello

i hope this is ok to post here. i have some pumpkins i need to cook for
cookies but have no idea how to cook them. any advice.

Hi Kristie!

You need to buy yourself a good, basic cookbook, like "Betty Crocker's New
Cookbook: Everything You Need to Know to Cook". Another way to find out this
information is: if you have web access, you could have put "How to cook
pumpkin" in a google search and got a lot of hits. Further, probably a
better place to post would have been in the newsgroup rec.food.cooking, or
rec.food.baking.

Since I'm nice, though, I won't make you repost some place else, buy a book,
or use google.
Here's how to cook pumpkin: you remove the stem and seeds. Then you slice,
peel and then cut the pumpkin into small pieces. Put in a saucepan with a
little water, cover and simmer until it's tender. Drain, let cool, and force
through a strainer, or mash with a potato masher.