Old 03-10-2004, 04:32 PM
J. Del Col

"Ray" wrote in message ...
Actually, some of the Chinese species are - or can be. P. honghensis, for
example.

.
"J. Del Col" wrote in message
(Burr Nelson) wrote in message
Mariana, I visited a greenhouse yesterday and told the lady how nice the
place was but that I saw a couple of orchids that looked a little rough,
she said, I know, they die down then come back next year or whatever....

Healthy Phals don't "die down." Some orchids are deciduous, but Phals
aren't.

So -that's- what's going on with one of mine, and I thought it was scale.
(insert annoying emoticon here).

Interesting to know that some Phals shed leaves on purpose.
Another fact to be filed away.

J. Del Col