Old 03-10-2004, 07:51 PM
jdn

I have grown them this year with no problem at all
Used plants from "Marshalls"
Grew them in 12 inch pots with well-rotted manure in the bottom half, then
filled with multi-purpose compost
Stood the pots on large trays and only watered via the tray.
They grew in my poly tunnel quite happily (and are still fruiting)
My location is East Lancashire (Pendle Hill area)
It is my first attempt
I must just have been lucky

"Trevor Appleton" wrote in message
-service-com...
Sown in a (slightly) heat greenhouse in late Jan. Planted out in

Polytunnel
early May. FINALLY started setting fruit in early Sep! Largest is (Hen)

egg
sized. Hardly living up to its name. (I expect Ostriches!)

Has anyone else grown them successfully in the north this year?

Trevor
East Yorkshire