Old 03-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Diana Kulaga

Hi, Lise,

Aside from the accurate comments on light and air circulation, there is also
a matter of micro climates. Orchids do not particularly like to be abruptly
moved from one environment to another, so it is possible that your
Dendrobium sulked for a while. I grow outside, so I am not one to advise
about supplemental lighting for inside the house, but many here in this ng
know a lot about that subject. You might want to start a new thread about
that; I'm sure you'd get plenty of advice.

Also, you asked about orchids that grow in household light. Phalaenopsis
orchids can be grown in much lower light conditions than Dends, and when
they bloom they last for many months. Very rewarding for indoor growers!

HTH, and welcome to the group.

Diana