Old 04-10-2004, 02:13 PM
gerry

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:10:27 -0400, "pixi" wrote:

Don't recall whether or not I have asked this question before. If I did,
please answer anyway.

A snake has taken up residence in the waterfall rocks. I am hoping that he
will go elsewhere when it get really cold. Does anyone know whether snakes
have a freezing point? If not, how can I get rid of it short of tearing the
pond apart.

Pixi

Being cold blooded, snakes will die below freezing, which in this case, is
slightly below 32F.

Now, unfortunately, my green frogs like to eat astoundingly large garter
snakes :-( Bull frogs can down some large ones.

Have you identified the snake and decided why you want to get fid of it?
Many snakes are very beneficial. I love the 6' black racers we get here,
snack on rodents yet extremely gentile. Can let kids handle them all day
without thought of a bite, they are constrictors.

When neighbors complain of snakes here, I collect them and put them around
my garden and yard! (no poisonous ones ;-)

gerry

--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com