Old 04-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Kay

In article , Lynda Thornton
writes
've been looking at different options as we need to get this planted
soon so that it can establish this year. The conditions are fairly
windy but I don't think excessive, I believe the soil must be acidic as
there are lots of rhodies, azaleas and blue hydrangeas in our and other
gardens nearby. We could go for the much detested leylandii but I would
really prefer to get trees which are better behaved, can be left with
little trimming required and stop growing at about 15-20ft max *but*
don't take 15 years to get there! What would people reckon on the speed
and quality of growth of the 'Pembury Blue' or other similar columnar
evergreens - what would meet our needs?

Any of this may fall foul of legislation if your new neighbours are not
happy about the hedge. Remember, if you are above them, the hedge will
feel far more overpowering from their side.
--
Kay