Old 04-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Jim Lewis

On 4 Oct 2004 at 6:44, Anil Kaushik wrote:

Hi Everybody

Few years ago when I started collecting small leaved plants
for making Bonsais, I bought three Carmona plants. One had
regular leaves the other had small compact ones and the third
had variegated leaves. While the first and the second one
are growing vigorously, the variegated one has shown poor
growth and despite good care, it has failed to respond. Can
anyone suggest me some solution? Please?

Generally speaking plants with variegated leaves are quite a bit
less vigorous growers than their green counterparts. They will
need much more light to thrive -- perhaps because there is less
chlorophyll in their leaves.

If you can get this one into a more brightly lit area than the
others, it MAY help.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++