Old 05-10-2004, 01:16 AM
bluegill phil

With 400 gals If you raised something unusual it may be worth it.Like
make oyster racks and use the pond for a septic tank. Alot of things
are being looked at for intensive aquaculture.

I got a catalog from Kens fish which sells the Georga Giant .35 each
for less than 500. I intend to use his, which from his pics look
awsome http://www.kens-fishfarm.com/
I would like to someday raise freshwater prawn but to get the good
size they would have to be kept warm over the winter. I was going to
setup a 12ft 3ft deep pool in my garage to winter some but I got a
returning kid instead. I still might get some this spring.

On 26 Sep 2004 10:23:10 -0700, (Rob) wrote:

This all makes me think: what is the feasibility of raising fish to
eat in a 400 gallon Zone 9 pond? Not that I'm serious about it, just
curious...