Old 05-10-2004, 02:57 AM
Bill

Tell silly Roger, this is completely the wrong season for digging in
the loft. It's unlikely Practical Television mags will survive being dug
up just as they should be hibernating. He should heel them back in
straight away, preferably with a mulch of old curtains or broken tennis
rackets, and leave them to set seed. In Spring he will find the loft
full of a wonderful crop of chipped ornaments, glued shut paint tins,
and lonely shoes.

Janet

All good stuff!
If you think my plug for the website was off topic . . . well of course it was!
However I do remember early attempts to watch telly whilst camping. And camping
is like gardening, isn't it? I mean, they both happen outdoors.
Running the engine at full tilt so that the dynamo would almost keep up with
the power drawn by the rotary voltage converter that powered the telly. The
voltage converter was a 12V motor driving a 240V inverter! Erecting a massive
aerial in the Lake District just to watch Muffin the Mule! Take a look at
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/015Hil1972.htm
and
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/023Four...andIaerial.htm

Bill