Old 04-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Bill

Default additions to Bill's website

I've added a few pages about 1950s TV reception to my website. They are from
Practical Television and I'd like to thank Roger Bunner for digging them out of
his loft.

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/01titlepage.htm

Bill

Old 04-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Peter Crosland

ROTFLOLPMP! Well done Janet.

Old 05-10-2004, 02:57 AM
Bill

Tell silly Roger, this is completely the wrong season for digging in
the loft. It's unlikely Practical Television mags will survive being dug
up just as they should be hibernating. He should heel them back in
straight away, preferably with a mulch of old curtains or broken tennis
rackets, and leave them to set seed. In Spring he will find the loft
full of a wonderful crop of chipped ornaments, glued shut paint tins,
and lonely shoes.

Janet

All good stuff!
If you think my plug for the website was off topic . . . well of course it was!
However I do remember early attempts to watch telly whilst camping. And camping
is like gardening, isn't it? I mean, they both happen outdoors.
Running the engine at full tilt so that the dynamo would almost keep up with
the power drawn by the rotary voltage converter that powered the telly. The
voltage converter was a 12V motor driving a 240V inverter! Erecting a massive
aerial in the Lake District just to watch Muffin the Mule! Take a look at
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/015Hil1972.htm
and
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/023Four...andIaerial.htm

Bill

Old 05-10-2004, 11:03 AM
bigboard

Bill wrote:

[...]

I'm quite capable of creating my own tedium, so I won't take you up on your
offer. Thanks all the same.

--
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."

Old 05-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough.. contains
these words:

Tell silly Roger, this is completely the wrong season for digging in
the loft. It's unlikely Practical Television mags will survive being dug
up just as they should be hibernating. He should heel them back in
straight away, preferably with a mulch of old curtains or broken tennis
rackets, and leave them to set seed. In Spring he will find the loft
full of a wonderful crop of chipped ornaments, glued shut paint tins,
and lonely shoes.

And that sock...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 06-10-2004, 02:02 AM
Bill

But I think I've seen you around...aren't you that man who parks in busy
dual carriageway laybys to set up a little folding table and chairs for
a rural picnic?

Hey yes, that's me all right! Well isn't that fantastic you spotting us like
that! Did you see us playing with the frisby at the side of the A36 near Derby
the other week? That got quite a bit hairy at times, I can tell you!

Bill

Old 06-10-2004, 09:06 AM
Franz Heymann

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

The message
from Janet Baraclough..

contains
these words:

Tell silly Roger, this is completely the wrong season for

digging in
the loft. It's unlikely Practical Television mags will survive

being dug
up just as they should be hibernating. He should heel them back

in
straight away, preferably with a mulch of old curtains or broken

tennis
rackets, and leave them to set seed. In Spring he will find the

loft
full of a wonderful crop of chipped ornaments, glued shut paint

tins,
and lonely shoes.

And that sock...

I've just found the sock I was looking for, in the fruit bowl

where we
keep hats.

Either the fruit bowl must be excessively large, or you are all
pin-heads. {:-))

Franz

Janet

Old 06-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

[...]

I still have half a dozen odd socks. Either I'll have to start a new
fashion, or hunt them down before the Government bans the activity.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Traffic To Your Website???How can Grow Your Website??? man with honour Gardening 1 31-10-2007 02:06 PM
Adv.: New Additions Ray Orchids 0 06-03-2006 10:44 PM
additions to axolotl matt Ponds 0 05-07-2005 04:11 PM
Some new additions to my orchid species photo site Eric Hunt Orchids 0 01-09-2004 05:19 PM