Old 05-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from o (Bill) contains these words:

Running the engine at full tilt so that the dynamo would almost keep up with
the power drawn by the rotary voltage converter that powered the telly. The
voltage converter was a 12V motor driving a 240V inverter!

Not an inverter in this case, but an alternator. I have one which went
with a PA system for itinerant polly tishuns, and have kept it on the
premise that it'll come in handy one day, even if I never use it.

I also have two inverters, but they are purely electronic.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/