Old 05-10-2004, 10:23 PM
John Savage

len gardener writes:
the final option is you'rs to decide, i'm only delivering the idea.

Len, I hope you take the sudden barrage of flak with the good humour
in which it is meant. It was just too good a line to resist some
sort of riposte! The idea of repelling fruit flies with diesel odour
sounds as good as many other home remedies that come up. I don't want
you to feel discouraged from posting any of your helpful hints. Not
every low-tech solution will work for everyone in all situations, anyway.

But now you know how a duck feels at the start of the shooting season!

Speaking of ducks, you know the Internet Folklore that a duck's quack
doesn't echo? Well, during my recent holidays I proved it to be FALSE.
One evening I was standing halfway between a large flat-walled shed and
a farm dam, and listening to ducks calling from the dam. Every time a duck
on the dam quacked there was an echoing quack from the wall of the shed.
That revelation made my dusk. ;-)

Thanks for asking about ducks, I thought no one ever would!