Old 05-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Bruce Haring

Pam:

Thanks for your response. Our trees were also pruned back to nubbins
and most of the branches were hacked off, leaving nothing but the nubs
of branches. I will be absolutely amazed if the trees can ever
resemble what they used to....but I'm encouraged by your comments.
Appreciate it.

Bruce

I am not sure I'd panic immediately. Eucaplyptus can take some formidable
pruning and bounce back well. I recall some streetside eucs in Orange County
(along the PCH no less!) that were pruned back to nubbins (no visible
foliage remaining) to keep them out of overhead powerlines and 6 months
later, they were back to almost the same height.

Eucalyptus here in the PNW can be cut back to the ground by a hard winter
and will regrow with amazing vigor, putting on 10-15 feet in the following
season.

When you say "cut many wounds", what exactly do you mean?

pam - gardengal