Old 05-10-2004, 11:41 PM
Doug Kanter

It's a cold frame, not a shopping cart. No wheels. The right place for
February through April (when it's likely to be needed most) is probably
where it's going to stay for the whole season. Early in the season, it could
be below freezing when he leaves for work, and over 90 degrees by mid
morning, even if it's only in the 30s outside the frame. He's looking for an
automatic solution, my dear.

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from "Gary and Karen Manning" contains these

words:

I am considering building a cold frame. My question is: how do I keep

the
plants from cooking on worm sunny days? I don't want to stay home

because
the sun may come out.

Don't stand it in the sun, at least, not in summer. Also, prop the
roof open, or take it off and put a shade net over instead.

Janet