Old 06-10-2004, 03:28 AM
Steve

Well, I guess it's my turn to check in.
Things were quite frosty this morning. The first week of October is
about average for a killing frost in my yard. I'm lucky enough to live
on the lake front so I rarely have to worry about frost in September.
People who live far away from the lake often have a light frost at the
end of August. That happened this year.
My thermometer had a low of 28 but tomato plants closer to the water
than that thermometer were either undamaged or only lightly damaged.
When I walked to work at 9 AM, the cars along the street were still
heavily covered with frost. A co-worker of mine who lives on the other
side of town had 21 degrees at 7 AM.

Steve in the Adirondacks of northern NY