Old 06-10-2004, 06:00 PM
San Diego Joe

"rtk" wrote:

Does anyone here use a skimmer instead of a filter box in a small pond?
It was recommended to me. The box in the pond is a pain to clean, but
if the skimmer can't do the same job, I may have to go with both or just
stay with the cruddy box.

Also, I have an external Green Box filter for my 2000 gallon pond. The
same person recommended I replace it with an in ground filter and said
it would be a lot easier to maintain. Is there agreement here about that?

TIA

Ruth Kazez

I have a skimmer. It's the one thing I wouldn't do without if I ever built
another pond. It's easy to clean, houses my pump - thereby keeping it from
fouling and generally drags all the leaves and other dreck away before they
can sink into the pond.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.