Old 07-10-2004, 04:20 PM
jane

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 00:56:13 GMT, "ron" wrote:

~yes its sold in this country but wont survive under 4 degrees C
~"Mark Hewitt" wrote in message
~ Please excuse me if this is not the right newsgroup, but I recently saw
~some
~ beautiful Bougainvilla in Kefalonia, Greece. Has anyone managed to grow
~ this plant in the United Kingdom north of Watford. If so can you offer me
~ any advice.
~

It is a conservatory plant in this country. I have three in my
conservatory, one from a newsagent (!) and two from Westdale
Nurseries, Bradford on Avon. They sell just about every colour of
bougainvillea possible. I've got a white, a gold and a classic pink.
Keep meaning to get a really deep red!

Their website is
http://www.westdalenurseries.co.uk/

and has loads on info on growing them, persuading them to flower...
They survive in relatively small pots, and can be put out for the
summer. But beware the thorns!

--
jane

Mark Twain