Old 08-10-2004, 04:46 AM
Sterling

I have heard that you can embed plastic forks (with the tines up and the
sharper the better) under pine straw mulch and the cats will learn not
to tip toe into your flower beds. I have also seen - maybe at Gardeners
Supply - sharp grids to place in the beds to discourage cats.

yeah - here it is:
http://www.gardeners.com/Shopping/se...dGroupID=11687 called scat
cat mats

looking at the pictures - you might take some hardware cloth and make
your own.

also
http://www.gardeners.com/Shopping/se...cmCategoryID=9

Jimmy Egan wrote:

Is there a safe and natural way to keep cats from using my nice never walked
on garden beds as a litter box ? I have tried hot pepper flakes and ammonia
without success. This is becoming a large problem. Especially when your yard
begins to smell of cat urine and feces. It is a small yard in suburban Long
Island. Any help would be appreciated as I would like the cats to never be
in my yard ... Thanks in advance ...