Old 08-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Paul Giverin

In message , Martin Sykes
writes
I'm looking for an attractive bench to go by my front door, with built in
storage under the seat for storing boots. I've found one at crocus.co.uk -
called a sussex bench - but it's not very attractive and is extortionately
priced at £200. What I have in mind is something similar but a more
conventional bench shape with a higher back.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

If all else fails you could probably make one yourself. Looking at the
picture, there's not much to it (flat packed) and you could make one
with the higher back you require. You can buy pinewood boards in 600mm
widths and varying lengths which would be suitable if treated. A hand
saw and a jigsaw would probably be all you need in the way of tools.

--
Paul Giverin