Old 08-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Perry Templeton

I slept in Perry, Ga. on a bicycle trip a few years ago. Bicycle Ride
Across Georgia. It's amazing that every state has a town or county named
Perry. I have pictures with me at most of them. "Perry in Perry, whatever
state!"
Perry
"Hal" wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:12:29 -0500, "Perry Templeton"
wrote:

I have a good sized, healthy full Passion Flower. Lots of blooms. Then
in
the last month, I noticed that the Gulf Fritillary butterfly has taken up
residence. Lots of caterpillars. They have eaten back to stems about 20%
of the Passion Flower. I realize that the Gulf Fritillaries and the
Passion
Flower are a natural pairing, but will the caterpillars wind up killing
their own host plants?
Perry

Yes, sometimes they eat it to the ground. I lost mine a few years
back because it didn't have enough energy in the roots to come back
the following spring. I have two half barrel pots now and try to
save a few seed just in case, but haven't lost a plant since going to
the larger pots.

Regards

Hal in Warner Robins, about 10 miles from Perry GA.