Old 08-10-2004, 09:15 PM

Wow! that is a beauty!!!!!
I only know what I have ben told by some folks we know in the mtns of NC -
that the wooly worms' bands(according to folk-lore)indicate how cold the
winter will be...i.e. the more Brown bands, the colder the winter!?! It's
always fun to find out new facts about different critters in nature! Maybe you
will come across another caterpillar so yo can obsesrve it's changes!!
Havae a good weekend!
Jean
Jo wrote:

Hi Jean,
It is either that or this one...My husband and I searched all night.
I was up all night myself and found this link as well.. so now I not sure
ifi it is the wooly worm.
or this one.
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek020608.html

What do you know about the wooly worm?

Jo

wrote in message
HI - I believe that is the elusive...............Woolly Worm! ; - D
Jean

Jo wrote:

At first I thought, oh look a cute huge bug!.. Then I took the picture

and
noticed the mouth on it, not so sweet maybe.
It is 3 1/2 inches long and as thick as my thumb if not thicker.
He has been nicely evicted outside, but haven't been able to find out

what
it is.

Anyone know it?

Jo