Old 08-10-2004, 06:40 PM
alan holmes

"Frank Logullo" wrote in message

"Gus" wrote in message
news
Each evening I put out chestnuts for the local squirrel. The bowel can
hold 8 mixed size chestnuts. Each morning I noticed that only a small
number were taken. I decided to put out 7, in the morning 3 were left.
The next morning I put out 6, it left 2. For the last week I have put
out 5, it always leaves one taking only 4. This raises the questions;
why does this squirrel only take 4 chestnuts? can this squirrel count?
It takes them away one at a time.

Every year I fight the tree rats and rats with hooves for my chestnuts.
This year they won with me only getting enough to stuff the Thanksgiving
turkey and a few snacks. One year I gave a bag to a friend, and what he
did
was feed the squirrels around his apartment. Last chestnuts I ever gave
him. Don't know where you get yours

I manage to get a large number of walnuts from my tree by catching the
damned tree rats and disposing of them, it's more satisfying to kill
the females cos each one of those you kil, you are effectively killing
a thousand or so.

Get a rat/mink trap from Mole Valley Farmers in Somerset, they have a
branch in Bridgewater.

Alan