Old 08-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Kay

In article -service-com, Trevor
Appleton writes

"Kay" wrote in message
In article -service-com, Trevor
Appleton writes
Would be grand in the polytonal.

Is there such a thing?

How waterproof does it need to be?
My wind-up/solar radio lives happily in the greenhouse - in fact the
solar side of it is so good that I very rarely have to wind.

...thats what I was banking on, being lazy!!!

doesn't have to be really waterproof does it, but a poly tunnel does drip
condensation a bit at times.

I currently keep an old radio in a Tescos Carrier bag

Suggest you do the same with the wind-up one, then. Oops! No - that'll
keep the sun out! Use a Morrison's bag - they're transparent. ;-)
The original design was for fairly rough conditions, so I wouldn't
expect them to be too finicky.

--
Kay