Old 06-10-2004, 08:33 PM
Trevor Appleton

Default Wind up solar powered waterproof radio

Would be grand in the polytonal.

Is there such a thing?

Old 06-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Nick Gray

"Trevor Appleton" wrote in message
-service-com...
Would be grand in the polytonal.

Is there such a thing?

Hi Trevor,

Have a look at a couple of the Morphy Richard radios he
http://www.ogormans.co.uk/windup.htm. They are wind-up and solar powered,
although not totally waterproof, they are shower and rain proof.

I've not actually used this company, and am not affiliated to them, so I
can't vouch for price, service etc. Just thought that you would like to know
that such a thing existed.

Cheers

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk

Old 07-10-2004, 07:58 AM
Kay

In article -service-com, Trevor
Appleton writes
Would be grand in the polytonal.

Is there such a thing?

How waterproof does it need to be?
My wind-up/solar radio lives happily in the greenhouse - in fact the
solar side of it is so good that I very rarely have to wind.

--
Kay

Old 07-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Kay

In article , Nick
Gray writes

"Trevor Appleton" wrote in message
-service-com...
Would be grand in the polytonal.

Is there such a thing?

Hi Trevor,

Have a look at a couple of the Morphy Richard radios he
http://www.ogormans.co.uk/windup.htm. They are wind-up and solar powered,
although not totally waterproof, they are shower and rain proof.

Aha! That's the one I've got (the first one on the page).
--
Kay

Old 07-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Nick Gray

Have a look at a couple of the Morphy Richard radios he
http://www.ogormans.co.uk/windup.htm. They are wind-up and solar powered,
although not totally waterproof, they are shower and rain proof.

My mistake, it appears that only the Freeplay models are solar powered,
whilst the Morphy Richard ones are splash proof.

Cheers

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk

Old 07-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Rod

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 20:33:39 +0100, "Trevor Appleton"
wrote:

Would be grand in the polytonal.

Is there such a thing?

My daughter & sil bought me a Freeplay one. Wind up + solar charging
(or mains charging) Wouldn't like to give it a blast with a hosepipe
though. One of the best small radios I've owned, great in the
greenhouse.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Nick Gray

My mistake, it appears that only the Freeplay models are solar powered,
whilst the Morphy Richard ones are splash proof.

Is this a wind up or what?

I can recommend Morphy Richards mains electric powered automatic bread
machines, but not in a wet environment.
--
Martin

Agreed, no one wants to eat wet bread (unless you have ducks!) :-)

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk

Old 08-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Trevor Appleton

"Kay" wrote in message
In article -service-com, Trevor
Appleton writes
Would be grand in the polytonal.

Is there such a thing?

How waterproof does it need to be?
My wind-up/solar radio lives happily in the greenhouse - in fact the
solar side of it is so good that I very rarely have to wind.

....thats what I was banking on, being lazy!!!

doesn't have to be really waterproof does it, but a poly tunnel does drip
condensation a bit at times.

I currently keep an old radio in a Tescos Carrier bag

Old 08-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Rod

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:17:34 +0200, Martin wrote:

www.force4.co.uk sells several different types/models. Since they are
aimed at yachties, expect them to be mildly damp proof.

http://www.force4.co.uk/acatalog/Onl...eakers_28.html

Page down a lot to find what you are looking for. The Freeplay radio
is about GBP50.

That's the one I've got, thoroughly recommended - fine around the
greenhouse & garden but I wouldn't want to give it a dowsing even
though it's advertised on a boat chandlery site. There's a couple
further down the page which should be more waterproof but not windup
or solar powered.

Old 08-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Kay

"Kay" wrote in message
In article -service-com, Trevor
Appleton writes
Would be grand in the polytonal.

Is there such a thing?

How waterproof does it need to be?
My wind-up/solar radio lives happily in the greenhouse - in fact the
solar side of it is so good that I very rarely have to wind.

...thats what I was banking on, being lazy!!!

doesn't have to be really waterproof does it, but a poly tunnel does drip
condensation a bit at times.

I currently keep an old radio in a Tescos Carrier bag

Suggest you do the same with the wind-up one, then. Oops! No - that'll
keep the sun out! Use a Morrison's bag - they're transparent. ;-)
The original design was for fairly rough conditions, so I wouldn't
expect them to be too finicky.

--
Kay

Solar-powered water features - any advice? Andrew Thomson United Kingdom 7 03-03-2016 02:28 PM
Wind, wind and more wind. David Hill United Kingdom 5 03-01-2014 11:03 PM
Waterproof radio Tim United Kingdom 9 29-03-2008 02:43 PM
Solar Powered Pond Pump [email protected] Ponds (alternative) 4 21-03-2003 11:08 PM
Solar powered air pump? Sam Hopkins Ponds 2 23-02-2003 03:15 PM