Old 09-10-2004, 08:04 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

After 3 weeks I would think chloramines wouldn't be a problem. The chlorine
would be gone and the ammonia converted by bacteria and/or used by the
plants. ~ jan

Hi Jan,

Do you have info on that? It has always been my understanding that
chloramines don't break down into their component parts without the addition
of a chemical that breaks the bond between chlorine and ammonia.
San Diego Joe

My understanding, from stuff posted here and thru my KHA classes, claims
have been made that the bond will break when introduced to contaminates in
a pond. The chlorine part will spend itself out on them, leaving the
ammonia that will be taken care of by a filter, or as mentioned above,
bacteria & plants. They only bind the two so that in clean water the
chlorine sticks around longer to react to contaminants without gassing off
so soon. ~ jan
~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~