Old 09-10-2004, 12:06 PM
alan holmes

"escapee" wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:55:48 +0100, Gus opined:

Each evening I put out chestnuts for the local squirrel. The bowel can
hold 8 mixed size chestnuts. Each morning I noticed that only a small
number were taken. I decided to put out 7, in the morning 3 were left.
The next morning I put out 6, it left 2. For the last week I have put
out 5, it always leaves one taking only 4. This raises the questions;
why does this squirrel only take 4 chestnuts? can this squirrel count?
It takes them away one at a time.

Squirrels are much smarter than people know. We have one who comes to the
back
door screen and taps when it's out of peanuts. I never noticed counting,
but it
somehow knows the peanuts come from inside the house and they know where
the
door is. My guess, they are smart.

And, they know where to find the idiots prepared to feed them!

Alan

--
Reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net