Old 09-10-2004, 01:52 PM
escapee

I have three neighbors who have a total of 7 cats who roam. I love cats and
would never do a thing to them, but it is starting to be ridiculous. One of the
cats sits on our roof, hunting birds. That's out of the question. So, we wrote
them all a nice note, and they are all on their third call with Animal Control
and next time they are all fined 100 each cat, each offense. These cats are
supposed to be leashed, or inside, and have tags. People who let their cats
roam around when clearly there are coyotes also roaming around do not love their
cats. Oh well. I will put better cat proofing around. My husband hates that
we have to do that, but the people with the cats don't care and I doubt fines
will change anything. However, I fully intend to see them all fined. Their cats
are in my yard daily, stalking and killing birds who I lure in with feeders.
That, is unacceptable.

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:15:49 GMT, opined:

a water cannon works great. in winter put down that green coated 2" x 4" wire
fencing stuff. the other alternative is a take em alive trap and drop the cats off
at the local humane society. Ingrid

"Jimmy Egan" wrote:

Is there a safe and natural way to keep cats from using my nice never walked
on garden beds as a litter box ? I have tried hot pepper flakes and ammonia
without success. This is becoming a large problem. Especially when your yard
begins to smell of cat urine and feces. It is a small yard in suburban Long
Island. Any help would be appreciated as I would like the cats to never be
in my yard ... Thanks in advance ...

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com