Old 09-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Pam - gardengal

"GrampysGurl" wrote in message
I think of fall and yellow flowers I think of Witch Hazel. Maybe not

your

Witch Hazel blooms in the winter here.... February or so if I remember
correctly... )
Colleen Zone 5 CT

Hamamelis virginiana is a fall blooming witch hazel common to wide areas of
the east coast. Perhaps less widely planted than the late winter blooming
hybrids, but a lovely native plant nonetheless. But I have a hard time
fitting the OP's description to a witch hazel - the leaves are not exactly
what could be considered narrow (although definitely oval in shape) and the
flowers are comprised of narrow little petals like spiders. Certainly a
possibility, though.

pam - gardengal