Old 10-10-2004, 05:06 AM
Srgnt Billko

"Chet Hayes" wrote in message
m...
Mike W. wrote in message

. ..
On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 12:17:52 -0400, Mike W.

wrote:

I just had to have a new septic system put in and the process "touched"

solid 10,000 sq ft of the property between truck damage, piles, etc...
They put a nice layer of screened loam down on top of all of it and

raked
it out and so now I'm trying to determine best course of action. Trees

are
starting to put leaves down but that flow rate isn't too high yet. Soon
though. It's cooler too. What do people suggest here? Cover it with a
rapidly establishing junk grass and do it right next year? Hydroseed

now
and pray it takes? At the right time of year, I know enough to do the

job
right but now with leaves and dropping temps, I'm unsure. I'm open to

the
full range... I just hate doing things twice. Thanks.

Mike

Oh yes.. forgot to mention, Western Mass. Thanks.

Mike

It's too late to establish a lawn from seed in your area. Sod is
still an option. If erosion isn't going to be a problem and you don't
care what it looks like, you could leave it till spring. If not, the
other alternative is annual rye grass. It's the fastest growing
grass, and only survives for one season, so you can seed again in the
spring with the desired grass.

I did the "annual" rye grass 2 years ago in a garden area. I still can't
get rid of it - and I've plowed it under twice.