Old 10-10-2004, 10:28 PM
William Brown

I know in outboard motors, the 4 cycle gets far better mileage than the
2 cycle, but mileage is probably not important for a lawn mower. I
believe that the 4 cycle, as a rule, pollutes less than a 2 cycle.

TOM KAN PA wrote:
I'm debating between a Lawnboy 6.5 hp 2 cycle self propelled vs. a 6.5 hp
Toro/Lawnboy 4 cycle self propelled mower. I prefer a 2 cycle, but for $20 more
than the Lawnboy, the Toro is electric start.
I sort of like this feature. I've always owned 2 cycle mowers, I like the fact
that you don't have to worry about changing or checking oil.
Since they're the same h.p., would they have the same power? As for as
cutting/mulching grass?
Are there any other pros or cons of a 4 cycle over a 2, or visa versa?

there.