Old 11-10-2004, 04:58 AM
Gregory Toomey

Elle Plate wrote:

Hi Len,

I want to use soil in the PVC pipe, and am in the Central Tablelands od
NSW (edge of Blue Mountains towards Bathurst - we had snow near Melbourne
Cup day last year!) I have some in the ground already which are doing well
- I
want to experiemnt with my newly constructed greenhouse. Any thoughts?
today I strung a short length up and am going to try lettuces.

This is my first newsgroup and I spent many hours last night and today
reading it - fantastic!!!

Elle Plate

Sutherland's book "Hydroponics for Everyone" has a section on growing
strawberries similar to the way you mentioned.

There are terracotta pots for strawberries at Bunnings. They have holes in
the sides for the runners to emerge.

gtoomey