Old 10-10-2004, 01:27 AM
Elle Plate

Default strawberries in greenhouse

Very interested in this idea of planting strawberries in PVC pipe -
suspended from the ceiling of a greenhouse. Can strawberries grow in
greenhouses? I am a new gardener and need advice on this (and much else,
but I'll save that for later!)

Elle Plate

Old 10-10-2004, 04:00 AM
len gardener

sounds like hydroponics elle?

we do well here in se/qld with them in the ground bumper season this
year.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:16 AM
Elle Plate

Hi Len,

I want to use soil in the PVC pipe, and am in the Central Tablelands od NSW
(edge of Blue Mountains towards Bathurst - we had snow near Melbourne Cup
day last year!) I have some in the ground already which are doing well - I
want to experiemnt with my newly constructed greenhouse. Any thoughts?
today I strung a short length up and am going to try lettuces.

This is my first newsgroup and I spent many hours last night and today
reading it - fantastic!!!

Elle Plate

"len gardener" wrote in message
sounds like hydroponics elle?

we do well here in se/qld with them in the ground bumper season this
year.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the

environment

Old 10-10-2004, 09:29 AM
Terry Collins

Elle Plate wrote:
Any thoughts?

Google (search) on hydroponics.
There are some good pages on structures in green houses for ideas. You
don't have to do hydroponics.

Old 11-10-2004, 04:58 AM
Gregory Toomey

Elle Plate wrote:

Hi Len,

I want to use soil in the PVC pipe, and am in the Central Tablelands od
NSW (edge of Blue Mountains towards Bathurst - we had snow near Melbourne
Cup day last year!) I have some in the ground already which are doing well
- I
want to experiemnt with my newly constructed greenhouse. Any thoughts?
today I strung a short length up and am going to try lettuces.

This is my first newsgroup and I spent many hours last night and today
reading it - fantastic!!!

Elle Plate

Sutherland's book "Hydroponics for Everyone" has a section on growing
strawberries similar to the way you mentioned.

There are terracotta pots for strawberries at Bunnings. They have holes in
the sides for the runners to emerge.

gtoomey

Moving Strawberries Lilac Edible Gardening 1 03-06-2003 05:44 PM
strawberries? H United Kingdom 6 21-02-2003 08:33 PM
Question about strawberries! Claude Gardening 5 06-02-2003 12:48 PM
Indian Strawberries again JLee United Kingdom 3 21-11-2002 02:33 PM
Strawberries? Dwayne United Kingdom 0 16-10-2002 02:27 PM