Old 11-10-2004, 10:58 AM
ex WGS Hamm

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:41:38 +0100, "Double Digger"
wrote:

Hi,

I would welcome ideas for very low growing, ground covering

evergreen plants
for a north facing, open plan front garden. At the moment, the

small area is
covered with a layer of stone chippings which I would like to

retain,
growing the plants dotted around with a view to them quickly

covering the
whole area. A camomile lawn has been suggested.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Vinca minor (periwinkle) isa low evergreen, spreading plant. It has
white, purple or blue flowers, If you really want to cover the

area,
that will do it well.

I had thought of recommending this one as well. It is as hardy as
nails, spreads well and has dainty flowers. But make sure it is
*minor*. The ordinary periwinkle is probably too large a plant for
your purpose

Isn't it odd. Periwinkle has such a dainty sweet sounding name whereas in
reality major is a thug. It's a bit like calling a rottweiler 'fluffy' :0)
I swear if I ever get a rottie I will call it 'fluffy' hehe.