Old 07-02-2003, 09:08 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Goldfish and Koi

Goldfish and koi will co-exist peacefully, but as Rich says, the goldies
will soon overpopulate. Also, they can/will crossbreed, bringing forth some
very strange offspring that are (fortunately) sterile. Other problems can
arise when it comes time to medicate, as meds that one can tolerate are
poisonous to the other. One med that comes to mind is for flukes: it's a one
dose, one-time, non-filter killing med that is totally harmless to koi, but
will kill every one of your goldfish dead in one week: *to the day* -
painfully. So choosing medications and dosages becomes more complicated in a
"mixed" pond. Many people to have both, and other fish, too, kinda like a
"community" fish tank. As a personal choice, I figured I'd "specialize" in
one. It's a matter of preference.

Lee

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...
Will Goldfish and Koi co-exist in the same pond?

--
BenignVanilla
tibetanbeefgarden.com

Remove MY SPLEEN to email me.