Old 11-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Paul D.Smith

"Bill" wrote in message
I'm new to gardening, and I was a bit shocked to find that it requires

physical
effort...

I would envisage a device that can be directed from
the living room settee by remote control.

Bill

[snip]

Dear Bill,

Not quite remote control but a cordless telephone can be used for this
purpose. Calling Yellow Pages and asking for "gardeners" gives you complete
control over the final product in the manner you require. Unfortunately
this is a "subscription only" service.

Alternatively, replace your window with a large screen TV and a continuous
recording of Gardener's World - should be within your sphere of expertise
;-).

Paul DS.