Old 11-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Bill

Default new to gardening

I'm new to gardening, and I was a bit shocked to find that it requires physical
effort. Quite a lot of physical effort, in fact, and I find it rather
unpleasant. I got quite breathless at one point yesterday. Furthermore I got
quite dirty, despite doing my best to minimise contact with the garden
environment. Does anyone know if there is a machine or anything that will
basically do everything, so I can just take photographs of the flowers, etc,
and email them to my friends? That's what gardening is all about really, isn't
it? Not all this sweating. I would envisage a device that can be directed from
the living room settee by remote control.

Bill

Old 11-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Paul D.Smith

"Bill" wrote in message
I'm new to gardening, and I was a bit shocked to find that it requires

physical
effort...

I would envisage a device that can be directed from
the living room settee by remote control.

Bill

[snip]

Dear Bill,

Not quite remote control but a cordless telephone can be used for this
purpose. Calling Yellow Pages and asking for "gardeners" gives you complete
control over the final product in the manner you require. Unfortunately
this is a "subscription only" service.

Alternatively, replace your window with a large screen TV and a continuous
recording of Gardener's World - should be within your sphere of expertise
;-).

Paul DS.

Old 11-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Peter Crosland

Not all this sweating. I would envisage a device that can be directed from
the living room settee by remote control.

Hill?

Old 11-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Oxymel of Squill

my father had a bit of kit from Mantis when he got old and the garden became
too much
http://www.mantis-uk.co.uk/lp.php?mc=14454110
when he died one of the neighbours shot in and nicked it, what a
recommendation!!

Old 11-10-2004, 09:08 PM
Franz Heymann

"Bill" wrote in message
I'm new to gardening, and I was a bit shocked to find that it

requires physical
effort. Quite a lot of physical effort, in fact, and I find it

rather
unpleasant. I got quite breathless at one point yesterday.

Furthermore I got
quite dirty, despite doing my best to minimise contact with the

garden
environment. Does anyone know if there is a machine or anything that

will
basically do everything, so I can just take photographs of the

flowers, etc,
and email them to my friends? That's what gardening is all about

really, isn't
it? Not all this sweating. I would envisage a device that can be

directed from
the living room settee by remote control.

See if your wife will be the required mechanism. Mine won't do more
than her fair share.

Franz