Old 12-10-2004, 12:11 AM
Jack B.

c (TOM KAN PA) wrote in message ...
I'm debating between a Lawnboy 6.5 hp 2 cycle self propelled vs. a 6.5 hp
Toro/Lawnboy 4 cycle self propelled mower. I prefer a 2 cycle, but for $20 more
than the Lawnboy, the Toro is electric start.
I sort of like this feature. I've always owned 2 cycle mowers, I like the fact
that you don't have to worry about changing or checking oil.
Since they're the same h.p., would they have the same power? As for as
cutting/mulching grass?
Are there any other pros or cons of a 4 cycle over a 2, or visa versa?

Personally, I would not go back to a two cycle. One of my big
complaints with them (Lawnboy in specific) was the smoke and smell.
Mow for more than one minute and you whole body (clothes, hair, skin)
are permeated with that burned oil smell. Changing the oil is simple,
and it only needs it a couple of times a season. My 4 cycle seems a
bit easier to start and reliable, but that is purely subjective. I
can mow the lawn without smelling like an exhaust pipe.

RB