Old 12-10-2004, 08:19 AM
Rod Out back

"Sprog" wrote in message
You can use a low wattage device to activate a relay to switch the higher
wattage device.

No doubt I can, and I have located an appropriate relay to do this part if
it's necessarry. However, the only 240V day\night switch unit I have seen
for sale in Australia is this complete unit that fits into an incandescant
light bulb socket (bayonet fitting) and switches the connected light bulb.
I would prefer something a little simpler than this arrangement, and I would
prefer to not have to wire up a light socket and a relay and then
weatherproof the box to mount the thing in. The few day\night switches I
have seen are already weatherproof, and it would be far simpler to find one
of those for sale. Also, I suspect my electrician will baulk at anything to
complicated...

All I am looking for is a simple day\night switch that I can then connect
the power in and power out cables to. Surely, such a component exists...

Actually, I have found the component in question, but I would have to buy a
timer as well. It comes as part of a 2-module set. Unfortunately, I have
no use for the timer, but I wonder if they can supply the daylight sensor
module on its own.

Cheers,

Rod.......Out Back

"Rod Out back" wrote:

All,

I have seen a bayonet light fitting to add to an exterior incandescant

light
to do this(60w max), but nothing that I can have wired in to switch a

larger
light (possibly max of 500W but I'm negotiable on wattage...).
Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

Cheers,

Rod.......Out Back