Old 12-10-2004, 09:51 AM
Rod Out back

"Ken Oaf" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:49:13 GMT, "Rod Out back"

wrote:

Looking to set up some permanent exterior floodlights. However, I would
like to have them switch off at sunrise, and back on at dusk. I know

that
nearly every solar or 12v system seems to come with this option, but I

want
to switch 240v floodlights.

Do you realise that having light all the time is bad for your plants?

I wasnt planning on mounting the floodlights near any plants. One will be
over outside our machinery shed, one outside our office building where the
cars park, and probably one outside the laundry somewhere. All far away
from plants.

Having said that, the floodlight in the garden that is filling in for the
time being doesnt seem to be causing any grief. AND, the insects it attracts
is feeding one (very fat) willy-wagtail, 3 white-plumed honeyeaters, a
squadron of apostle birds, a few sand-swimmers, and a few green tree frogs.

I have dependants...

Cheers,

Rod.......Out Back