Old 12-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 17:56:29 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Nick Gray" wrote after
"Philip" wrote
I am fed up with cheap secateurs, mostly because they go out of
alignment and then refuse to cut properly.

I have convinced myself that if I buy an expensive pair of secateurs I
will benefit in two ways. One they will be of better build quality so
will be stronger, and two they will have cost me more so I will be
less inclined to mistreat them.

Can anyone recommend makers of secatuers that will suit my purpose and
if the answer is Felco, then recommend an outlet that is competitve in
its pricing. I live within 10 mins of Wisley and I know its pricing
is NOT competitve.

Thanks

I've got Wilkinson Sword secateurs and had them about 10 years, they

are
still going strong. But most of the Pros that I know use Felco. Which
direction are you from Wisley? I know that Longacres in Bagshot have

quite
large range of Felco, and they are pretty competative on most of their
gardening products. Else go and try out the different sizes and then

try
find them online.

FYI Longarces address and tel. no.:
London Road, Bagshot, Surrey, GU19 5JB