Old 12-10-2004, 05:36 PM
Mike Lyle

Pam Moore wrote:
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:41:38 +0100, "Double Digger"
wrote:

Hi,

I would welcome ideas for very low growing, ground covering
evergreen plants for a north facing, open plan front garden. At

the
moment, the small area is covered with a layer of stone chippings
which I would like to retain, growing the plants dotted around

with
a view to them quickly covering the whole area. A camomile lawn

has
been suggested.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Vinca minor (periwinkle) isa low evergreen, spreading plant. It

has
white, purple or blue flowers, If you really want to cover the

area,
that will do it well.

There's a good variegated form, too, which will more light back. I
imagine anybody who's got it will be happy to hand over a fistful.

Mike.