Old 13-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Robert E A Harvey

Default hard winter

There are rumours among meterological types that it might be a cold
hard winter (latitude of north atlantic wave, seawater temperature
differentials, Canadian jetstream direction, etc.) and I wondered if
anyone on the group had any views?

It's certainly a good year for berries round here, which is one of the
oldest of old men's tales. But I've noticed that we no longer get
seagulls inland when storms occur, so maybe the old wisdom is dented?

ANyone got twinges in thier corns, early/late plant dormancy, earliest
frosts, insects hibernating or any other suggestions about what lies
ahead?