Old 13-10-2004, 02:22 PM
shazzbat

"Joanne" wrote in message
Once again, my strawberries in pots are absolutely writhing with vine

weevil
grubs. I used new soil, new plants from a reputable source, and watched

out
for signs of the pest. But as usual, all of a sudden the plants keeled
over, so I knew immediately what the problem was. I've washed the soil

from
the plants and re-potted them, but don't hold out much hope.

Bio-Provado says it should not be used on edibles, so what the heck can I
use to keep these pests away?

Hopefully you will be ok now, the weevils have already produced their larvae
for this year, and now you have dealt with them your plants can recover. As
for your first paragraph, using new soil etc is no good against vine weevil,
the adults simply climb into your containers. They can't fly, but are world
class at clambering/climbing.

Steve