Old 13-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Paul D.Smith

"Brian X" wrote in message
Good Morning,

Have tried my local library for information about worm farming but without
success.

Could someone advise me on the advantages and also some basic instructions
on getting started.

Thank You in anticipation.

Brian X

If you're thinking of worm composting, see web for "Worm Composting" and
similar. If you're thinking of large scale worm farming, this was a pyramid
scheme very popular in the US where, believe it or not, people did worm
composting on a grand scale. Problem was, nobody wanted the extra worms
they grew (or the compost) apart from the next level of suckers who were
starting up. Eventually, the scheme collapsed leaving hundreds of people
out of pocket!

The "New Yorker" can a very interesting article about it a couple of years
ago that you might be able to find on the web.

Paul DS.